The building on Governor
Nicholls St. was erected in 1822 for a plantation owner for use
as his townhouse on visits to the port city of New Orleans to sell
his cotton. During the Civil War, this building served as one of
three hospitals in the Quarter. The street name at that time was
Rue de l'Hospital. The street name was later changed to honor Governor
Francis T. Nicholls who was a Civil War general before being elected as
governor of Louisiana.
Links to all of
our suites are shown bellow. Descriptions will be found on the page
for each suite.
click here for a printable version